Position: Operations Manager
Organization: International Law Firm
Location: Boston, MA
Comp Package: Base salary up to $130K, Bonus; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Paid Time Off; 401K;Tuiton Reimbursement; etc.
- Effectively consults with local office attorneys to direct workflow needs and staff legal assistants and clerks on relevant cases and deals as appropriate.
- Interview, select, conduct, develop & refine training of legal assistants (in conjunction with other administrative team members).
- Regularly updates new hire and on-going training materials for legal assistants and effectively implements new methods and/or improves processes relevant to this area.
- Actively assist with coordinating work room and review space.
- Review and monitors monthly utilization report to optimize legal assistant: attorney utilization.
- Prepare the annual budget for Boston’s Legal Assistant services and monitors monthly report for budgeting compliance.
- Direct coordination of practice assistant projects: identifying resources, overseeing progress of ongoing projects and communicating closely with administration.
- Oversee and manages scheduling for practice assistant staff.
- Identify issues and needs of the workplace environment and communicates those issues and needs to Office Administrator when appropriate.
- Prepares and coordinates regularly scheduled department meetings.
- Prepare letters, memos, tables and reports as directed utilizing appropriate computer software
- Ensure the implementation of and participates in the disciplinary action and termination of employment processes.
- Reviews and evaluates the performance and work of staff ; prepares performance evaluations and recommends salary increases.
- Effectively utilize the Firm’s performance management process to communicate performance expectations, monitor performance, coach employees, and manage unsatisfactory performance.
- Recommends and implements changes and improvements in methods and procedures to higher level management.
- Communicate situations as they evolve that may require management follow-up.
- Coordinate and oversees department projects, day-to-day operations and long-range plans.
- Monitor absence request system, time, attendance, overtime, and expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with firm policies.
- Bachelors’ degree is required
- Minimum of 7 years of legal assistant supervisory experience
- Knowledge of and implementation of the annual budget process
- Strong familiarity with employee relations
- Demonstrated strategic ability and analytical skill, with a proven ability to use analytics to drive decision making
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to inspire trust and confidence at all levels.
- Demonstrated leadership talent, with the ability to motivate all levels of employees through excellent judgment, professional
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with Relativity, Concordance, Summation, or other related software