Position: Legal Billing Specialist/Billing Analyst
Location: New York, NY, USA
Comp Package: Base up to $80K, Paid Overtime, Tuition Reimbursement, Full Benefits, Bonus, 401K+, etc.
- Perform client billing and collection activities for assigned clients
- Monitor and manage outstanding accounts receivable, unapplied funds and collection efforts
- Generate and review Proformas for assigned partners at the beginning of each month
- Handle time/cost transfers; investigate appropriateness of where entries should be billed
- Pull back-up of costs to include with final invoices based on a client’s billing requirements
- Generate billing variance reports and write-off reports; acquire appropriate write-off approvals based on write-off amount thresholds.
- Prepare electronic invoices in LEDES; submit electronic invoices to clients via their designated electronic billing system
- Establish working relationships with e-billing site vendors; make certain all timekeepers and rates are up to date on the sites;
- Track status of bills submitted, identify issues, and work to address rejections and reductions as they arise
- Monitor payment of assigned clients’ accounts receivable and coordinate collection efforts
- Provide assistance to partners and clients regarding outstanding and/or short paid invoices
- Maintain/enter status updates in Firm’s collection database