Position: Knowledge Management Attorney
Comp Package: Base to $220K, Full Benefits, Bonus, 401K+ Match, etc.
Location: New York City
- Maintain designated practice sites and other know-how repositories, curating practice sites content and ensuring they are in line with the needs of the practice
- Meet regularly with attorneys who have expertise relevant to the practice, and facilitate sharing of quality know-how and expertise.
- Respond to queries from attorneys to identify know-how
- Research, monitor and inform the practice of legal and industry developments and trends
- Train lawyers and promote the use of department’s KM resources
- Liaise with users to gather feedback
- Work with other Knowledge Strategy attorneys and other departments to share best practices
- Assist with the development of new practice tools, re-engineer processes for greater efficiencies and advise the Knowledge Strategy partners on improved processes and new technologies for the practices
- Create, administer and expand comprehensive knowledge strategy functions
- JD required with strong academics
- 3+ years previous experience, as an M&A lawyer in a law firm
- 2+ years’ experience working in a knowledge management / strategy group.
- Experienced in aspects of KM Systems content identification, writing and production, understanding practice and client challenges, technical interface, and development of new practice group sites.
- Experience drafting, editing, and managing core documents for large, complex M&A deals
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team;
- Ability to organize and prioritize work; Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- A history of maintaining highly confidential M&A and IPO information