Position: Director of Human Resources (Global Law Firm)
Location: New York, NY (remote-to-start)
Company: AM 100 Law Firm
Comp Package: Base salary up to $300K, Full Benefits, Bonus, 401K+, etc.
Summary: The Director of Human Resources (DHR) is responsible for managing a high-performing HR team delivering superior service to the New York office. The New York office serves a population of over 1000 attorneys and staff in the areas of employee relations, staff talent acquisition, performance management, HR compliance, and benefits. The DHR works closely with and dotted line reports to the NY Senior Director of Administration.
The DHR will also partner with Firmwide HR teams, including Benefits, HR Operations, and Staff Training and Development, by providing feedback on initiatives, while working closely with the New York management team to ensure that programs are integrated successfully. In addition, the DHR will direct the U.S. staff talent acquisition function.
Responsibilities for Director of Human Resources:
- Collaborate with management and CHRO to address employee performance, including reviewing the content of performance evaluations and performance improvement plans to ensure they are both effective and compliant.
- Investigate employee complaints or concerns and liaise with outside counsel on employment matters.
- Mentor and develop the members of the New York HR team.
- Prepare information for budget and monitor expenses.
- Oversee, lead, and advocate for Firmwide staff talent acquisition, a function consisting of the recruitment of staff roles across the Firm’s domestic offices.
- Work with Staff Recruiting Supervisor to analyze and assess recruitment metrics with the goal of increased efficiency, develop and deploy cross-office staff recruiting best practices, and leverage recruitment technology to ensure the best ROI.
- Work with Compensation Department, department managers, and supervisory personnel in determining merit increases, market adjustments and promotional increases.
- Monitor internal equity and market conditions, staying abreast of New York market employment, compensation, and policy trends.
Qualifications for Director Human Resources:
- 10+ years experience in a Human Resources management position in law firm
- A broad Human Resources knowledge base and be extremely well versed with respect to New York State and Federal employment law.
- A strong background in full cycle recruiting, and a working knowledge of benefits related law.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, PHR and/or SHRM-SCP certification is preferred.
- Extensive experience in employee relations and talent acquisition.
- Proficient with HRIS software, preferably PeopleSoft
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite